Football is a sport filled with moments of genius, skill, and strategy. Throughout its history, players have produced moments that have left fans in awe and have become iconic moments in the sport. In this article, we will be taking a look at 999 of the most clever and brilliant moments in football history, referred to as “999 IQ Moments.”
- Zinedine Zidane’s winning goal in the 2002 UEFA Champions League Final: The Frenchman showed his technical ability by scoring a stunning volley in the final against Bayer Leverkusen.
- Lionel Messi’s solo goal against Getafe: The Argentine showed his dribbling skills and close control by weaving past multiple defenders to score a stunning solo goal.
- Xabi Alonso’s long-range pass to set up a Liverpool goal in the 2005 Champions League Final: The Spanish midfielder’s incredible vision and passing ability set up a crucial goal for the Reds in their famous win over AC Milan.
- Andres Iniesta’s winning goal in the 2010 World Cup Final: The Spanish midfielder’s stunning strike sealed the victory for La Roja and cemented his place in football history.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s overhead kick against Juventus in the 2018 UEFA Champions League: The Portuguese superstar’s stunning overhead kick left fans and opponents alike in awe.
- Roger Milla’s corner flag celebration in the 1990 World Cup: The Cameroonian striker’s iconic celebration has become synonymous with the sport and is still imitated by players today.
- Dennis Bergkamp’s turn and finish against Newcastle United: The Dutch forward’s skill and technique were on full display as he turned a defender inside out before calmly finishing into the net.
- Zico’s free-kick against Scotland in the 1982 World Cup: The Brazilian playmaker’s incredible free-kick ability was on full display as he curled the ball into the top corner.
- Marco van Basten’s volley against the USSR in the 1988 European Championships: The Dutch forward’s stunning volley is widely regarded as one of the greatest goals in football history.
- Pele’s overhead kick against Italy in the 1970 World Cup: The Brazilian legend’s incredible athleticism and technique was on full display as he scored a stunning overhead kick.
These are just a few of the 999 IQ Moments in football history. Each of these moments showcases the incredible skills, vision, and creativity that make football one of the most exciting and captivating sports in the world. From stunning volleys to incredible solo goals, these moments will forever be remembered as some of the greatest moments in football history.