Cristiano Ronaldo is a unique figure in the world of football. His undeniable talent has earned him numerous prestigious awards and titles, and he has amassed a massive fan base across the globe.
However, along with his immense popularity, Ronaldo has also attracted his fair share of critics. These so-called “antifans” take issue with a variety of aspects of Ronaldo’s life both on and off the field.
One common criticism of Ronaldo is his tendency to be involved in scandals outside of football. From tax evasion allegations to accusations of sexual assault, Ronaldo’s off-field behavior has drawn significant scrutiny from both fans and detractors alike.
- Cristiano Ronaldo used to work as a teaher’s assistant in Madeira, Portugal when he was 14 years old. He would help his physical education teacher supervise and organize sports activities for children.
- Ronaldo has a close relationship with his mother, Dolores Aveiro, and even bought her a luxury house in Portugal worth around €1.4 million.
- After Ronaldo’s father passed away in 2005, he often looks towards the sky and points upwards after scoring goals as a tribute to his father.
- Ronaldo donated €1.5 million to help the victims of the Nepal earthquake in 2015.
- He also paid for a 10-month-old boy’s surgery in 2014, who needed a life-saving operation.
- Ronaldo sold his European Golden Boot for €1.5 million in an auction to raise funds for the Make-A-Wish foundation.
- In 2012, Ronaldo made a large donation to a cancer center in Portugal that treated his mother when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.
- During his time at Real Madrid, Ronaldo anonymously donated €1.5 million to a children’s cancer center in Portugal.
- Ronaldo has been involved in several campaigns to raise awareness about the importance of blood donation, including donating blood himself and encouraging his fans to do the same.
- In 2016, Ronaldo reportedly paid for the medical treatment of 370 people injured in a wildfire in Portugal.
- Ronaldo also helped a boy with terminal cancer by arranging a special day out for him at Real Madrid’s training ground.
- In 2019, Ronaldo donated $1.5 million to Palestinian children in Gaza.
- Ronaldo regularly donates to UNICEF, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of children around the world.
- In 2016, Ronaldo bought a private island in the Caribbean for €16 million.
- He also owns several luxury cars, including a Bugatti Veyron worth around €1.5 million.
- Ronaldo has a close friendship with retired Spanish footballer, Iker Casillas, who played for Real Madrid.
- In 2016, Ronaldo helped Real Madrid’s team bus get unstuck after it got stuck in traffic on the way to a match.
- Ronaldo once bought a €6 million luxury apartment in New York City for his mother as a birthday gift.
These stories may help provide a more well-rounded view of Cristiano Ronaldo as a person, beyond his accomplishments on the football field.