There have been many legendary long shot goals in football (soccer) history. Here are a few of them:
- David Beckham (England) vs. Wimbledon (1996): Beckham scored a stunning goal from the halfway line, lobbing the goalkeeper and sending the ball into the net. This goal helped to establish Beckham as one of the best free-kick takers in the world.
- Zinedine Zidane (France) vs. Bayer Leverkusen (2002 Champions League Final): Zidane scored a magnificent volley from outside the box, which flew into the top corner of the net. This goal helped Real Madrid to win the Champions League final.
- Xabi Alonso (Spain) vs. Newcastle United (2006): Alonso scored an incredible goal from inside his own half, lobbing the goalkeeper with a powerful strike. This goal helped Liverpool to win the game 2-0.
- Roberto Carlos (Brazil) vs. France (1997): Carlos scored a spectacular free-kick from a seemingly impossible angle, bending the ball around the wall and into the net. This goal is considered one of the greatest free-kicks of all time.
- Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) vs. Manchester City (2011): Rooney scored a stunning bicycle kick from just outside the box, which flew into the top corner of the net. This goal helped Manchester United to win the game 2-1.
These are just a few examples of the many amazing long shot goals that have been scored in football history