Kylian Mbappe is one of the most talented and exciting young players in world football. Since bursting onto the scene with Monaco in 2016, he has continued to amaze fans with his incredible speed, technical ability, and goal-scoring prowess. In this article, we will take a look at 10 times Kylian Mbappe surprised the world.
- Winning the World Cup at 19: In 2018, Mbappe helped lead France to World Cup glory, scoring four goals in the tournament and becoming the youngest French player to score in a World Cup final.
- Hat-trick against Barcelona: In the 2020-21 Champions League, Mbappe scored a stunning hat-trick against Barcelona at the Camp Nou, announcing himself on the European stage in emphatic fashion.
- Youngest player to score 25 Champions League goals: In March 2021, Mbappe became the youngest player to score 25 goals in the Champions League, breaking Lionel Messi’s record.
- Four goals in one game: Mbappe scored four goals in a single game for Paris Saint-Germain against Lyon in 2020, becoming the first player to do so in Ligue 1 in 45 years.
- Scoring in his first World Cup game: Mbappe scored in his first World Cup game for France against Peru in 2018, becoming the youngest French player to score in a World Cup since 1958.
- Double against Argentina: In the same World Cup, Mbappe scored twice against Argentina in the round of 16, announcing himself as a superstar on the world stage.
- Setting up a goal from his own half: In a Ligue 1 game against Nimes in 2019, Mbappe ran from his own half to set up a goal for PSG, showcasing his incredible speed and skill.
- Ligue 1 Player of the Year: In both 2018 and 2019, Mbappe was named Ligue 1 Player of the Year, becoming the youngest player to win the award since Eden Hazard in 2011.
- Top scorer in Ligue 1: In the 2018-19 season, Mbappe scored 33 goals in Ligue 1, becoming the youngest player to score 30 or more goals in a single season in a major European league since Ronaldo in 1997.
- Winning the Golden Boy award: Mbappe won the Golden Boy award in 2017, given to the best young player in Europe, beating out the likes of Ousmane Dembele and Gabriel Jesus.
Overall, Kylian Mbappe has surprised the world on numerous occasions with his incredible talent and achievements. From winning the World Cup at 19 to breaking records in the Champions League, Mbappe is a truly special player and one of the brightest talents in world football.